Thursday 20 June 2013

Magnifibres Brush-On False Lashes

Magnifibres* - £20; available online and at Selfridges

I don't know about you, but false eyelashes is one of those beauty things I suck at.  I find application quite difficult and usually have one side sticking up, not exactly the look I was going for.   I was a little more than intrigued when I heard about Magnifibres, a product that at first looks like one of those white mascaras but on closer inspection is in fact so much more.  As you can see above, the wand has natural fibres, which you brush on top of mascara to create extra length and volume.  You can apply up to three coats of the fibres, depending on how dramatic a look you're going for. 

The product claims that it can be used in conjunction with any mascara and after road testing with a couple of different mascaras, I've found it's definitely better to use with a more wet formulation so that the fibres can really grip to the lash.  Below, I have used Magnifibres with one of my favourite high street mascaras, Rimmel's Scandaleyes.  To use, simply apply a coat of your chosen mascara, followed immediately by a coat of Magnifibres, allow 30 seconds for the fibres to stick before applying a further coat of mascara. The amount of fibres you apply is up to you - you can achieve a more natural false lash look with one swipe, or build it up for something more dramatic.  I've played around with several coats of the Magnifibres but my favourite look is using just one coat (see below) as I have reasonably full lashes and need help with length over volume. 

Before
One coat of mascara with one coat of Magnifibres.
After - one coat of Magnifibres with two coats of mascara. 

As you can see, there's a dramatic difference between the before and after pictures.  As previously mentioned, you could build up one or two more layers to really make your lashes pop and give off the dramatic false lash effect.  The product's also long lasting, I put it through the ringer on Saturday, wearing it from 8.30am - 10.30pm and found there was no smudging or flaking at all during that time.  At £20, this is reasonably priced when you consider that most false lashes range from £5-£15 and only have one or two applications, whereas Magnifibres will last as long as your favourite mascara, with endless applications.  

Could you ditch the falsies in favour of the fibres?





5 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! Just like false lashes- I'm seriously impressed xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, you should definitely check it out if you can! xx

      Delete
  2. Woww.. its amazing, I wish I could find it somewhere here!

    xx

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! I agree that it's best to use with wetter formulations and the results are impressive!!! :) x

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive