Friday 28 June 2013

June Favourites


It's time for this months beauty favourites post, with a random chucked in for good measure.  June 2013 has been one of those months I wont forget for a long time to come.  Just this past week I graduated from university with a 2:1 in Fashion Journalism, which I am beyond proud of and I'm now on to the next chapter of my life  - one that doesn't involve education for the first time in 16 years.  More of that in an upcoming post, now let's get onto my favourites for the month of June.  

I've begun running out of some of my favourite skincare products and as I don't have the cash to splurge on repurchases just yet, I've been pulling out products that have started to gather dust.  I've had the Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean Cleanser since January, but have only really gotten into it this month. It smells like peaches and has a peppermint twist which is cooling on the skin.  It's great at getting make up off and leaving your skin feeling clean and refreshed.  I've also been using Origins Drink Up Intensive in place of a moisturiser two times a week to give my skin a moisture boost.  This is a popular face mask in the bloggersphere - it's one you pop on and leave overnight.  It can be quite tacky so it's definitely one to put on 30 minutes or so before you get into bed, but by morning you're left with soft, plumped up skin that's ready for make up.  I also rediscovered an old favourite in the form of perfume this month.  I've had CK IN 2 U for a few years now and I love the smell around this time of year.  It has notes of Amber, Vanilla and Cedar.  

As I mentioned earlier, I graduated this week and so wanted to give myself a summer glow to take the edge of my extremely pale skin.  I've tried out a couple of different mousse tans but St Tropez is by far the best. If you're afraid of tanning, like I once was, the guide colour really helps to blend out any streaks and leave you with a flawless finish.  The product dries quickly and takes up to four hours to develop, so I usually pop this one before bed and let it do it's thing overnight.  I've also been enjoying Essie's Tart Deco, which turned out to be a great match for my graduation dress.  The formula is creamy and opaque, needed only two coats for maximum colour.  A lip product I've been reaching for all month is Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine in 'Boy', for a quick and easy swipe of colour that's easy to reapply during the day.  These lipsticks are extremely moisturising and have that iconic Chanel scent to them.   

A non-beauty related favourite this month is in the form of a TV series.  I've been bitten by the Grey's Anatomy bug, after my sister-in-law insisted I would love it.  I love American drama's, my favourite being One Tree Hill and I've fallen head over heels for Grey's.  If you've never watched it, it's set in a hospital and follows Meredith Grey who begins life as a surgical intern.  It features the likes of Katherine Heigl, Eric Dane and my newest crush Patrick Dempsey.  

So that's it, another month of 2013 done and dusted.  
What are you're favourites this month?




7 comments:

  1. I've had CKin2u for years now too and it reminds me of Summer so much. The Chanel lippy looks lovely too. Great favourites :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post honey - I've been meaning to pick up the Origins mask! Congratulations on your 2:1 too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! It's a gooden, definitely pick it up next time you see it! x

      Delete
  3. that essie colour is gorgeous! congratulations on your 2:1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I've still got it on my nails but it's a chipped mess, a new mani is in order! x

      Delete
  4. Thank you sooo much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets from germany

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive