It may be Valentines Day but I'd rather talk about my true love, fashion. All the S/S collections are out in stores and one thing I've really been eyeing up is pastel jeans. Now if you know me, I can imagine your jaw has just dropped pretty quickly, I don't wear jeans. For the past four years, I've been a complete leggings junkie but something has changed and I fully intend to embrace this latest trend. Here are some of my favourite pastel or coloured jeans.
1. New Look; £19.99 - These were the first I found and I adore the colour. Originally when I fell for this trend, it was lilacs and blush colours that I imagined myself in.
2. Topshop; £38.00 - Slightly pricier, these leigh jeans are lovely with contrasting turn ups.
3. River Island; £35.00 - Admittedly, these are jeggings (one step at a time people) but I love the colour and they look like jeans with pocket and button detailing.
4. New Look; £19.99 - Another of the cheap and cheerful New Look jeans. This orange creme colour would look best with a tan and gold accessories.
5. Topshop; £40.00 - An online exclusive, these high waisted beauties would look great with a tucked in tee. I like the colour, but not sure I could get away with it against my fair skin.
STYLE TIP: To pull off pastel or coloured jeans, it's best to wear white, grey or black tee's. I really like oversized tops at the moment, anything from a sheer blouse to basic t-shirts. If you're daring, go for a contrasting colour to colour block.
I am definitely going to give this trend a go, even if it only lasts in the changing rooms. Who knows, one day I might be weaned off leggings for good.
What's your favourite trend this season?
Happy Valentines day from me to you xox