I've been doing a spot of shopping here and there for the past couple of weeks so thought I'd show you what I picked up. I always find haul posts a bit long so I've done mine slightly different this time. If you like the new layout, let me know down below (poet but didn't know it comes to mind...)
1. There comes a time (or maybe more in my case) in a girls life when you stumble upon the most gorgeous bag and pretty much know you need it in your life. Walking around M&S, of all places, whilst my mum shopped for her holiday, I spied this beauty. It's a medium sized, leather structured bowler bag and is the perfect sized everyday bag. It was a bit pricey (£79) but I thought it could be an early birthday present to myself.
2. I've heard only good things about the Tweezerman tweezers and whilst in a lecture, my tutor kept banging on about them and as he's pretty hard to please in general, I thought they must be good. I picked these up at Benefit and were cheaper than any others I've seen.
3. A re-purchase of my new favourite concealer - Collection 2000 (soon to be rebranded as COLLECTION) Lasting Perfection in shade fair 1. It covers a multitude of sins, breakouts, freckles, dark circles and I wouldn't do my make up without it. Only downfall - the writing on the tube all rubs off after a few uses.
4. If you're like me, YouTube has become my new TV and the Pixiwoo girls have become a firm favourite channel. Sam released her own line of brushes called Real Techniques and received rave reviews. They were quite hard to get hold of in the UK until this month, as they were launched in bigger Boots stores. I picked up the Powder and Blush brushes as well as the Starter set for eyes. I haven't used them yet but they are so soft!
5. I rarely shop in Dorothy Perkins but they were offering 25% student discount so I thought I'd have a wander. I picked up quite a lot, including this oversized, square cut top. I live in things like this and it will look great paired with those loafers.
6. I placed my first ever order on Missguided and it came today. The first thing I picked was these turquoise loafers, which look almost radioactive. They are going to be great at adding a pop of colour to otherwise dreary outfits.
7. Another of my Dorothy Perkins picks. I bought an oversized silver triangle ring and an extremely long necklace with cross pendent. I needed some silver pieces to go with my Links of London bracelet and hopefully my new watch (see birthday wishlist here).
8. The main reason I went to Benefit was to get the new blush box in 'Hervana'. The four colours swirled together are supposed to create a healthy rosy glow on the cheeks. I'll let you know how I get on.
9. I picked up another top in Dorothy Perkins, which has aztec print all over it. Again, it's a baggy number and will get a lot of wear. I'll either wear this with a plain black bodycon dress and tights or with jeggings.
10. My second purchase from Missguided was this leopard print skater dress, which I plan to wear for my birthday. I was a bit worried it wouldn't fit as I'm top heavy, but it fits like a glove and I really like it. It came with a black patent skinny belt, but I didn't like it so took it off. I'll wear black tights, sky high heels, my biker jacket with this and plan to do my make up like this. Would you like to see an OOTN?
11. While I was in Boots, practically happy dancing over the Real Techniques brushes, I noticed that all the Katy Perry lashes were in stock and I immediately knew I wanted to pick some up. After the success of the Girls Aloud lashes, Eylure teamed up with Kitty Purry and brought out 5 different lashes. I picked up Sweetie Pie (pink) for everyday and Oh, Honey! (yellow) for the evening.
12. Oh look, no roots! Fresh from the salon today my roots have been bleached up! My hairdresser was pretty surprised that my hair was in "excellent" condition, which I believe I have Macadamia products to thank. Review coming soon!
Let me know your thoughts on the new way of doing my haul posts and feel free to ask questions about what I picked up in the comments section. Have a lovely evening!