Friday 13 May 2011

A day out in London.


If you follow me on Twitter then you'll know that I went to London today to visit Oxford Street with my best friend.  It was a lovely day, we had lunch followed by a naughty cheesecake from Selfridges, washed down with a Starbucks during happy hour (half price fraps from 3-5pm, bargain!).  We got off the tube at Marble Arch and made our way down through the shops, until we eventually hit H&M and thought 'enough is enough'.  

Primark; £15.00
I've admired these dresses since I saw them in Grazia so I was excited to finally get my mits on one.  Miss Impatient that I am, I didn't want to queue for a good half hour to try it on, which would have saved some heartache doing so.  I'll be taking this back as I hate it on, I think i'm a bit too big chested for it to suit.  

Primark; £10.00
Bargain!  I absolutely adore these shoes, although I originally wanted some canvas wedges.  I thought these would be great for when I intern (although I will be wearing flats for the commute!).  On the label they were priced £14.00 so was pleasantly surprised to see they were actually £10.00. They have pretty floral detailing on the inside, which although you can't see when on, adds a nice touch.  

Primark; £9.00
I needed a bigger bag than my beloved Chiltern when I intern as i'll need to take a notepad with me for meetings and such.  I liked this faux leather bag, which was a bit different to all the other tan bags.  The green as a bit brighter in real life.  

VO5 Instant Oomph Powder; £4.07
Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Starter Kit; £13.25
La Roche Posay Effaclar M; £13.79
I got some beauty products today.  I was most excited about the Liz Earle product as I've heard so many amazing things about it.  I've already used it this evening to take my make up off and on first thoughts it's incredible! My skin felt extremely soft after use and less red.  I also got a full size version of the Effaclar M moisturiser I mentioned here.  And in a bid to get big hair, I am going to try out another of the VO5's new range.  It's already had great reviews so I have high hopes.  

Purse - New Look; £7.99
Ring - New Look; £4.99
Belt - H&M £7.99
Bracelet - Primark; £2.00
I picked up some random accessories, including this purse which I immediately fell in love with.  It has a floral crochet pattern and it solid, a bit like a clutch.  I have changed all my stuff over into it and it's not as roomy as it first seemed.  

These are just the leftover randoms I bought/picked up.  I couldn't go to London and not buy some Nerds from Selfridges and I also wanted to pick up the new loyalty card from Superdrug.  I ended up grabbing a Costa clubcard because, well, I spend most of my time there or at Starbucks so...

Here are some more photos from the day, including a couple of sneaky photos from a small couture exhibition in Selfridges.  

Quite possibly the best combo!


There were some great McQueen pieces.

All in all a fantastic day, minus the dress hiccup.  It's an extra £15 to spend elsewhere...
How was your day?






1 comment:

  1. I love that Primark bag! I think I might have to go and get it for myself!
    http://haveyoueverfalleninlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive