Friday 1 April 2011

Adding a touch of S/S to my wardrobe.

One of the best things about working at Tesco is in April we get two paydays - obviously this is my months pay cut in half, but nevertheless it's still nice.  I would prefer if I got paid every two weeks as I always find the money is gone after two weeks.  So today I popped to the shops, setting myself a challenge.  The first was to buy the Naked Palette by Urban Decay but of course everywhere was sold out.  The second challenge was to buy something from Primark - lately I've walked in and walked out with nothing, this time I walked out with £38.50 worth.  

Floral Kimono - £10.00
This was the first item I picked out.  It's a sheer chiffon kimono which will be lovely over a tank tee and leggings or jazz up a rather plain dress.  You can't really see the colour well but it's supposedly duckegg.

Sheer Chiffon Shirt in Rust £10.00
Long Necklace avec Feathers - £2.50
I really adore my electric blue chiffon shirt, I only wish it was longer so I could wear it with leggings.  So when I spotted this shirt I had to get it, it's a lot longer at the back and is a gorgeous colour - more terracotta than rust though.  I also picked up two feather necklaces, this was the first - it's pink and looks extremely feminine.  I'm loving the hippie trend at the moment.  

White Feather T-Shirt - £5.00
Feather Necklace with Gold Charms - £2.00
I know, I've gone a bit feather mad but this T shirt caught my eye, great for the hot days in summer where all you want on are sandals, vintage levi's and a tank.  I go on about Vintage Levi's like I own a pair, I will soon :)

Tank Tee's in Cream and Purple - £4.00 each
These were my last buys, I wanted some plain tanks to go under the Kimono and also because you can get through so many in the warmer months.  They had lots of colours, I preferred these. 

I then went on to buying make up, starting off in boots I took the opportunity of two of the great offers.  

Barry M 2 for £5 or £2.99 each
I've been after Dusky Mauve (far right) so I picked it up.  The other two caught my eye in Epsom the other day, 'Indigo' and 'Raspberry' - two gorgeous colours for this season.  You're probably thinking 'why didn't you buy another polish?' I was going to but couldn't see any stand out shades like these.  

17 3 for 2
Photo Flawless Primer - £4.99
Lipsticks in Belle and Beehive - £4.49 each
I love my MAC Prep+Prime but I'd love to find a cheaper alternative that is just as good, I've heard really good reviews about this primer so I hope it will work for me too.  I've gone a bit lipstick barmy lately, building up my nudes.  I got these two, Beehive I've heard about and Belle I just liked.  I bought the highly recommended 'Apple Blossom' by Natural Collection for only £1.99 the other day too!

I popped into Next to buy some new Jeggings as mine are currently falling apart.  
£16
I only buy my Jegs from Next as I find they fit perfectly.  I just wish they lasted longer at that price!

Lastly I went into Topshop and bought an unlikely item.  

Foundation Brush - £7.00 (£6.30 lesser student discount)
I never usually pick up the make up items in Topshop, but I needed a new foundation brush and this one was so soft and a decent price to I decided to grab it.  My current foundation brush is starting to shed, i'll probably wash it and keep it but I needed a new one!

So spending wise it's been a good day, I'm getting some Cath Kidston like bedsheets over the weekend too to update my room a tad.  I also found out today that the fashion shoot we did for university got us an A+ which I was over the moon about.  My grades just keep getting better since I've been to university!

Have a lovely weekend, I'll be at the old ball and chain, Tesco as per.  





2 comments:

  1. omg that sheer kimono, I need it in my life. I also want to try that primer, I have heard great things about it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so envious that you have a Primark. You have bought lovely pieces and I can't wait to see how you wear them.
    xo-AlbeeLucky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive