Saturday 11 January 2014

Perfume Review | Giorgio Armani Si


When it comes to perfume, I very rarely change up my scent. I wear my beloved Stella by Stella McCartney almost everyday and up until now, Chloe was my "special occasion" perfume - you know the one you reserve for when you're going somewhere other than work or to the shops. Whilst purchasing my Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara, the sales assistant told me about their new perfume before spritzing 3-4 pumps onto my Selfridges bag. I walked out of there not really batting an eyelid and then all of a sudden this gorgeous scent caught my attention and from then on I developed a mildly worrying obsession, whiffing the bag at every opportunity and even going as far as keeping said bag because it smelt too good to bin. Needless to say, a month later I purchased a 50ml bottle of Si by Giorgio Armani

Si is quite sweet and citrussy in scent, featuring notes of Mandarin Oil, Liquer de Cassis (blackcurrant to you and I), Amber and Vanilla. I usually opt for something more floral, but I've found myself prefering fruitier scents of late, proving that preference changes as you get older. It's potent formula lingers from the moment you apply to the next morning when you wash it off in the shower. When I purchased it, the perfume came with a shower gel and body lotion. I don't usually rate perfume lotions and potions but unlike most, these actually smell like the fragrance and so they make for an extra special in-shower treat every now and then. 

It's not the cheapest perfume, coming in at £62.50 for 50ml, but you only need one or two sprays per application and when you really can't stop thinking about it, it's a worthwhile investment (that's how I'm justifying it to myself anyway). I purchased my bottle during the pre-Christmas sale at Debenhams, taking the price down to just over £50, so it's worth keeping an eye out for those deals. Next time you're browsing the perfume concessions, I recommend you give this a whiff, although I can't be held responsible for what comes next, it really is that good.

What's your favourite perfume?

5 comments:

  1. I got it for Xmas too! :-D I'm in love ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds heavenly. I wonder if it smells similarly to Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to give that fragrance a whiff and see if they are similar! x

      Delete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive