Saturday 18 January 2014

BEAUTY TECH | Babyliss Boutique Italian AC Dryer


I don't know about you, but I absolutely hate drying my hair, so much so that I have been known to let my hair air dry overnight, leaving me with a frizzy and hard to manage mane. For Christmas, I asked for a new hairdryer, my old one was tired and when I could be bothered to use it, it made my hair smell like toast - not ideal. After some online research, one particular model kept cropping up on Google - the Babyliss Boutique Italian AC Dryer (£74.99). Nine out of ten Grazia readers claimed it was the best  and fastest hair dryer they'd ever used - Grazia approved and claims to be fast? Sold. Low and behold I must have been a good girl in 2013 as Santa not only delivered McDreamy and McSteamy in boxset form but the aforementioned hair dryer too, and ladies after using it for almost a month I can confirm it is the best hair dryer I have ever used

Let's begin with size. The Babyliss Boutique is smaller than your average hairdryer but oh so mighty. It's compact size makes it extremely easy to handle and will be perfect for future travelling. It has two speed settings and three heat settings, including my personal favourite the "True Cold" setting. This machine packs a real powerful punch and can get my sopping wet hair dry in 10 minutes max. I start off using the highest speed and heat setting and rough dry my hair until it's about 90% dry, before using the included Thermal Brush to smooth out ends and style my bangs. I then blast my hair with the True Cold setting, which unlike most other hair dryers, blasts cold air rather than luke warm, allowing it to seal hair cuticles and leave hair so soft and beautifully shiny every time. I've also come to notice that my hair stays a lot straighter after use, another plus point of the True Cold setting, as the cold air 'locks' in your style.

This particular dryer is Italian made and has a 2400W motor, which is why it dries hair so quickly. In the box you get a thermal brush and ultra-slim nozzle for straight blowdrying, alongside a 5-year guarantee. The dryer features a 2.7m salon length power cable, ionic technology for smoothness and shine, as well as hanging loop and a removable filter. At £74.99 it might not be the most affordable appliance on the market, but if like me you hate blowdrying your hair or are in a rush, this hairdryer really will change your life. It's often on offer in Boots or on Amazon too - I know my Mum and Dad picked it up for around £50. 

What part of your beauty routine do you loathe?

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing, letting my hair dry overnight, and I always regret it!
    http://haveyoueverfalleninlove.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I let mine dry overnight I just get a weird kink in it, it's not pretty!
    I really like your blog and I just nominated you for a Liebster award! Check out my blog for the details :)

    Love,
    Allie (www.livinglifeindocs.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive