Friday 8 February 2013

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Peach Satin


I was really excited when my order of American goodies arrived on my doorstep and since then I've used the majority of them everyday.  One of the products I picked up was the Maybelline Dream Bouncy blusher in shade Peach Satin.  It's a gorgeous peachy coral colour, which brightens the skin and gives a healthy looking flush of colour.  These blushers were released in America last year and caused quite a storm but they've yet to surface on Maybelline stands in the UK.  

Firstly, lets talk texture.  Although it's in the name, I still found myself surprised at the fact that the blush   is a bit like memory foam when you apply pressure.  Play time over, the bouncy texture helps give a great colour pay off.  The blush is pretty pigmented after a few swipes and applies to the skin well.  It's comparable to a cream blush in touch, as it's not a milled powder but it still applies like a regular powder blush.  I've been wearing it everyday since it arrived and I think it goes well with a peachy lip colour, like Rimmel's Apocalips in Luna or a nude such as MAC's Hue.  It's definitely more of a spring/summer blush and one I'll get more wear out of in the warmer months.  

The packaging is simple and does the job.  If I were to drop the product, I can't see it smashing (although I wont try to guarantee) thanks to it's memory foam like texture.  At £6.99 it doesn't break the bank, it's just a shame that Maybelline haven't launched these in the UK yet - luckily, they are available with shipping to the UK here.  If you're looking for a high street or drugstore blush that is highly pigmented and has good staying power, this could be the one for you.  

Have you tried the Dream Bouncy blush?




No comments:

Post a Comment

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive