Wednesday 28 November 2012

Liz Earle Signature Foundation in #01 Porcelain

Signature Foundation in Shade #01 Porcelain*

It's no secret that I'm pretty fair skinned.  There's nothing worse than going to a make up counter or stand and the lightest shade they do would still make you look orange.  It's a problem I've had to contend with for years - having to add extra bronzer down my neck just to match up to my face, but I think I've found the light (literally).  Liz Earle released their first foundation, Signature Foundation, after the success of their Sheer Skin Tint.  I went for the lightest shade, as I always do with foundation and if I'm honest, I was skeptical about whether it would match or not.  I shouldn't have worried, when it arrived, I immediately swatched and found it blended into my skin perfectly.  

It comes in a frosted glass bottle with a pump for easy product distribution.  As for the foundation itself, it's a medium coverage which melts into the skin, leaving a flawless, comfortable matte finish. If you're into more of a dewy finish, I find that using a moisturiser rather than a primer helps.  It's extremely long lasting, although if you have oily skin, you may need to touch up with powder during the day.  For the best finish, I used my Sephora Mineral Powder Brush and work a pea sized amount into my skin.  I'm really impressed with the colour match, but if it wasn't right, Liz Earle say that you can return it via post or in store for free - no questions asked.  In America it's customary that you can return products if you don't like them or they aren't right, which I think is a policy we need in the UK.  

At £21, it's in the middle for foundation price points, but knowing that it suits my skin down to a tee makes it priceless. Dare I say I've found my holy grail foundation?


No comments:

Post a Comment

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive