Wednesday 10 October 2012

Revlon ColourStay 16 Hour Eyeshadow Quad in Siren


Whilst browsing the make up aisles of Boots, I came across the new Revlon ColourStay quads and was instantly drawn to Siren.  I far prefer cooler tones on my eyes and I had been looking for the perfect, inexpensive set of eyeshadows for a while.  The quad features three shimmery colours including a blue toned silver highlight shade, a taupe colour for all over the lid, a darker purple toned taupe for the crease as well as a matte charcoal grey for eyeliner.  My two favourites are the two taupe shades, I use them either alone or together.  

The pigmentation is good on the shimmery shades but I feel the matte charcoal shade could be more intense if it's supposed to last 16 hours (although, who really wants their make up to last that long?)  To make the most out of my eyeshadow, I always use my trusty NARS Smudge Proof Base (reviewed here).  Using the two products together, I have found that my eyeshadow stays put for around 6-8 hours before it starts to crease or fade.  They are smooth in formula, making application easier and they sit comfortably on my eyes.  

At £7.99 and 14 different quads, there is definitely going to be something for everyone.  Revlon have even included a little diagram on the back of where and how to apply the colours, great for any beginners who don't know what the terms 'crease', 'inner corner' or 'outer V' mean and just want to know where each colour goes.  

Have you tried any Revlon eyeshadows? 




3 comments:

  1. This quad looks amazing! I really want to try one of them now, they look so pigmented! :)

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive