Wednesday 5 September 2012

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer vs. Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer


When it comes to concealers, I expect high coverage.  I wear light to medium coverage foundations and like to dot concealer in places that need the extra coverage.  I'm going to compare the infamous Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer against Make Up For Ever's Full Cover concealer.

  
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer; £4.19

This product has been seen everywhere over the last few months and has been famed for its great coverage and lasting power.  At £4.19 it hardly breaks the bank and is easy to get your hands on as it's available both in Boots and Superdrug.  Unfortunately, there are only four shades to choose from, making it hard to match up your skin tone.  Luckily, I wear Fair 01 which is perfect for my pasty skin.  It's creamy formulation is almost mousse like in texture and a little goes a long way. I find that this concealer can appear cakey on the skin if you use too much, but use the right amount and blemishes, dark circles and redness are hidden well.  The overall finish is matte, which is good for oilier skins.  My one big hang up with this product is that it's a doe foot applicator, which can become unhygienic when used on blemishes.  If you've used the product before, you'll know that eventually the writing on the packaging disappears.  


Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer; £21.95

A slightly less 'hyped' product in the bloggosphere is MUFE's Full Cover concealer, which I picked up in Spain.  It's a lot more expensive than the Collection 2000 alternative at £21.95 but it's a great product.  Designed to cover up tattoo's and scarring, you don't get any more coverage than from this product.  Like the Lasting Perfection concealer, it has a creamy formulation which has more of a gel like texture.  Again, a little goes a long way with this product, which is easily managed by the squeezy tube and nozzle. It's great for covering blemishes or redness but I prefer to use my YSL Touche Eclat under my eyes, for a more brightening finish.  The product leaves a dewy finish when blended in, which I prefer as it looks better alongside my foundation.  The only problem with this concealer, as with any MUFE product, is that it's hard to get hold of in the UK with only one stockist.  

Both concealers are great products.  If you're on a budget then Collection 2000 is great to have in your make up bag and a product I've repurchased over and over.  If you can afford the splurge and prefer products that give a dewy finish then MUFE's Full Cover is a great choice.  

What concealer do you use? 




2 comments:

  1. I love collection 2000 concealers

    India www.thejewelbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    Benefit Cosmetics Giveaway #6 days left!

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive