Tuesday 25 September 2012

Benefit's The POREfessional


I love a product that claims to pro-long the length of time make up stays on your face.  After all the effort us girls put in, in the morning to look acceptable, a long wearing primer is a blessing.  I used to use MAC's Prep and Prime everyday and loved the silky smooth texture and how it kept my make up in place, but I have large pores on my cheeks and so when Benefit first launched The POREfessional, I wanted to give it a go.  I love Benefit cosmetics and I find myself using at least one or more of their products everyday. There's been a lot of hit and miss reviews on this product, but so far for me, it's been a hit. 

 Just like my MAC favourite, this primer is silky on the skin, leaving it feeling smooth and ready for my base.  It is a browny colour when you first squeeze it out of the bottle, which was daunting to begin with but it sinks into the skin clear.  I tend to use a pea size amount, which is more than enough to cover my face generously.  It does help with my pores, it doesn't completely eradicate them, but then again the product doesn't claim to do so.  

As for make up staying power, I definitely see a difference when I use this primer.  My foundation is less likely to oxidise or become patchy when I have this layer between my skin and base.  It hasn't broken me out and the formula isn't at all oily which makes it a great product for all skin types, including those with sensitive skin. Although the tube looks small, you get 30ml of product which is the standard amount for foundations.  I've been using the product since January and I've got about one or two applications left.  At £23.50, this is an expensive primer but for me it works.  

Have you tried Benefit's The POREfessional or do you have an alternative that you love?



No comments:

Post a Comment

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive