Tuesday 28 August 2012

Book Club | Bared to You by Sylvia Day



"Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness - beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily.  Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds and desires.  The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart..."

After the phenomenon that was 50 Shades of Grey, their were quite a few authors to hop onto the bandwagon.  The most successful runner up to the 50 Shades trilogy is the Crossfire series, with it's first installment 'Bared to You'.  Reading this book, their are many comparisons to E. L. James' popular books.  The main protagonist is a rich business man who's also gorgeous and haunted by his past, whilst the female lead Eva (not Ana) is also haunted by a horrific past.  They go about a far more realistic relationship than what Christian and Ana did, but by no means less glamourous.  The writing is so much better in Bared to You - I actually think Sylvia Day may have got an editor involved, whereas 50 Shades is debatable.  I found the story a lot more enjoyable, too.  If you liked 50 Shades then this is definitely another one to add to your booklist.  The only downside was that the sequel isn't out until October.  

Currently reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (going back to my childhood...)
Follow me on Goodreads



No comments:

Post a Comment

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive