Sunday 24 July 2011

"A hickie from Kenickie is like a Hallmark card".

I'm a sucker for the 50s.  Greasers, Dior's New Look, Grease in general, so i'm always happy to find something that reminds me of my favourite fashion decade.  Topshop's flagship store on Oxford Street is known for its amazing vintage section, one I like to frequent as often as I can.  In this particular section you can find brands including Tara Starlet, who creates vintage inspired pieces from the 40s and 50s for a girl who wishes to look like she popped up from the Hollywood flicks including the likes of Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn.  This concession includes special pieces for Topshop, that you wouldn't find ordinarily on her online store.  I've picked a few of my favourites...

The key colour of the current season.  These high waisted 'sailor slacks' would look perfect with a shirt tucked in and some heels.  

Stripes, another key trend this current season.  This shirt would look great tucked into some vintage levi's for a more modern look or perhaps with a midi chiffon skirt for those who want some 50s flair.  

This has Patty Simcox all over it.  Another great piece for the Vintage sweethearts out there. Pair this with heeled brogues and ankle socks for a 1950s geek chic look.

If you happen to pop into Topshop soon, you should definitely check out Tara Starlet more closely, as the pieces are definitely prettier upfront.  I'm off now to watch Grease and wish I had my very own T-Bird...





1 comment:

  1. the dress is amazing, right up my street :D

    www.missmathful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive