Friday 20 May 2011

Style It Your Way Challenge: 'Jigsaw Puzzle'

Today I bring you an outfit of the day with a difference.  The lovely ladies at Push PR (and my future work colleagues) asked me to take part in their 'Style It Your Way' challenge.  I received a lovely dress from clothes brand 18 AND EAST, which was also rather unusual too.  So, without further ado I bring you my day outfit...





I opted for a bit of a casual look to go with todays plans, which was sitting in front of an iMac at university, editing a piece of video for my final project of the year.   I wanted something that would be comfortable to slouch in, so opted for my trusty New Look chunky knit.  The dress has a waisted belt, although I felt it looked a bit odd on me so I pulled the dress up slightly to give the effect of a cape dress, which are everywhere on the high street.  To stop myself looking to drab, and well 'student' I chose beige ankle socks and camel wedges.  Finishing off I donned my vintage watch necklace and green Primark satchel bag.  

The best thing about this dress is its versatility.  It's great to wear when you know you'll be stuck in the office until late and need to go out in the evening for a drink or six.  




To make the day to night transition I opted for a classic blazer and took off my necklace which I felt wasn't dressy enough.  I then changed the wedges for some killer heels from Dressrail.com.  All you'd need is a clutch with essentials and you're good to go out on the town.  





2 comments:

  1. I want this dress so much. HOW are you scoring freebies before you even start working for them?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the 18 AND EAST site (link in the post), the dress should be there! They asked me if I would like to do this and of course I took up the great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive