Sunday 20 February 2011

I Spy! AW11 Trend: Oversized



After a slightly more relaxed weekend than I've been used to lately, I decided to have a rummage around Style.com at the latest shows.  One catwalk that caught my eye was Betty Jackson.  It caught my eye for one reason - there was a hell of a lot of red.  Colour is proving to be a staple trend this season and looks to stay throughout A/W 11 - adds a festive touch, don't you think?

Another eye catching feature was the oversized feel to the collection, whether it be maxi skirts or chunky knit - perfect for winter wrapping.  

'Simply Red': A large double breasted blazer jacket with red harem pants.  I love the contrast between the red garments and white platform shoes.  

'Lady in Red': This all red outfit doesn't look bland as there's a slight contrast between colours.  I love the Mary Janes also, they add a slight feminine touch to an otherwise masculine ensemble.  

'Flirty Florals': regular readers will know floral prints get a huge thumbs up from myself, so this crimson sheer chiffon maxi dress gets a high five.  

Other catwalks which have included oversized gems are...

Acne: 'Jail Bird'

Mulberry: 'Coal Miner'

Nicole Farhi: 'Monocrome Cable'

So, what do you think of this trend? For the slightly more voluptuous blogger like myself, it's an easy and fashionable way to cover those parts you aren't too comfortable with.  
I vote Yay.





1 comment:

  1. Over sized and red is definitely what it's all about!!! The AW11 collections have been so amazing at LFW


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive