A dear friend of mine requested that I give a menswear run down for this coming season. Although i'm not 100% fluent with menswear, here's some trends I've noticed from the S/S 2011 runways.
1. Monochrome - Dior and Calvin Klein both showed collections with a minimalistic and monochrome theme.
2. Print - D&G showed their collection featuring checked white and blue pyjama style trousers as well as a Hawaiian style shirt.
3. Women had the 70s, the men have 80s - Acid wash was seen all over the Dries Van Noten runway.
4. Neutrals - Hermes showed neutral camel and off-white tones in their collection.
5. Sheer Knit - Iceburg had several sheer knit jumpers in their collection, slightly reminiscent to one of the ladies trends - Erogenous zones?
Some key pieces to have in your wardrobes boys -
1. Denim shorts - just above the knee and best when distressed (to you non fashionee's that means something along the lines of ripped)
2. Suit Jackets - the catwalk has been swarmed with them and although they are an essential to any mans wardrobe, it seems this season, the more unique the jacket, the better.
3. Acid Wash Denim - Whether it's a denim jacket or jeans, you need it in your wardrobe.