Saturday 4 May 2013

Inside: Travel Make Up Bag


When I'm out and about, like most girls, I like to have the daily face essentials on hand, ready to combat any oily sheen or lipstick malfunction.  I try not to carry around too much with me, just the bare necessities.  Powder is always the first thing to be thrown into the pouch and right now I'm between two powders, MAC's MSF Natural in Light and Rimmel's Stay Matte in Translucent.  This is to help keep my make up in place for longer, without threat of slipping as the day wears on.  I've been using the Real Techniques Contour Brush for powder, as I like to apply it where it's needed, rather than slather it on all over the place.  The next thing to make the cut is concealer and of course it's Collection Lasting Perfection - I think I'm on my fifth or sixth tube of the stuff but it really is as good as they say.  As it's quite a heavy coverage its great for on the go foundation touch ups as well as concealing.  I bring along the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for this job, it's great at creating a seamless finish no matter the heavy duty product.  

I also carry a rather grubby looking Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude, for times when my peepers need to look more awake.  The gel like formula means that this liner hardly budges but sometimes it's nice to have it with you, for touch up peace of mind.  My mascara of the day also comes along for the ride, as I find that sometimes it can end up under the eyes leaving you looking like a panda - never a good look no matter how cute they are.  I try to keep both a nude and a bright lipstick on me at all times so that I have options for whatever occasion might pop up during the day.  When I'm in a rush however, only the lipstick I'm wearing will get slung into the mix.  With the warmer weather finally arriving, I've been reaching for the Jemma Kidd Hi-Shine Hydrating Gloss Stick in Hibiscus, which as the name suggests is moisturising, glossy and pigmented as hell.  The perfect coral lipstick? I think so.  Other necessities that make the cut are a compact mirror - for on the go touch ups, lip balm as well as a hair tie and bobby pin, because you never know in this country whether rain will frazzle your 'do' or not.  

What are your travel essentials?




4 comments:

  1. Love the whistles bag! Ah been wanting the Expert Face Brush for so long! Think I'm getting it for my birthday tomorrow! Lovely blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a lovely birthday! The Whistles pouch was a splurge but I absolutely love it! x

      Delete
  2. That's a gorgeous makeup bag! I don't get on with that mascara at all though, I find it to be the cause of panda eyes and just doesn't last all day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame - I find most mascaras leave me with panda eyes after a while though, a bit like your hair gets used to shampoo and conditioner, your eyelashes must get used to mascara! x

      Delete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive