Thursday 21 February 2013

Book Club | Easy by Tammara Webber


"I took a deep breath and exhaled it slowly before turning around. It was Lucas who stood there. His gaze was penetrating, not wavering for a moment, and my pulse hammered under his silent scrutiny.  I couldn't remember the last time I'd been so full of pure, unqualified desire.  Lucas is the stranger who saved Jacqueline from an attack by a fellow student - she'd never noticed him before then, and now he's everywhere.  But can Jacqueline trust him - or will the secrets he's hiding come between them?"

It's been a while since I last wrote a book review and that's mostly because I was re-reading one of the Harry Potter's.  Wizards aside, I've recently finished a book by Tammara Webber (yet another chick lit to add to the list...), an author I hadn't heard of before, but I'm glad I found her.  The novel Easy is a step up from Young Adult fiction, as Webber simply calls it "New Adult".  Think in terms of 50 Shades of Grey, this book would be a step down from that in terms of genre and the level of explicitness.  It was a really gripping read from the first word.  There's an extremely violent opening scene where the main character Jacqueline is attacked by a man with intentions of rape, before her rescuer, Lucas, saves the day.  The storyline then follows these two characters and how their relationship grows.  Overall I really enjoyed it and sailed through it pretty quickly.  The writing was good and sometimes extremely evocative.  It was also reasonably priced, at £2.99 for the Kindle.  

Currently reading: Between The Lines by Tammara Webber
Follow me on Goodreads.





No comments:

Post a Comment

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive