Wednesday 30 January 2013

Charles Worthington Intense Rescue Melting Balm


I've tried my fair share of treatment masks to help restore my tired and broken ends.  They're usually thick and creamy in consistency, so I was surprised to see that the latest pot of hair mask to land in my bathroom was actually hard.  Charles Worthington's Intense Rescue Melting Balm from the Salon at Home range, has been making the rounds with beauty bloggers and with a 1/3 off at Boots, I decided to treat myself (and my locks).  

The balm is a pre-wash treatment that you leave in for around twenty minutes or longer, depending on how much of a boost your hair needs.  It's packed full with exotic oils, butters, lipids (fatty acids) and protein to rescue over-processed, damaged and thirsty hair.  The product itself as I mentioned earlier is hard.  Once you scoop out the amount you need, (a teaspoon size is recommended) you then warm it in your hands, turning it into a luxurious oil, which soaks into your tired locks and replaces the moisture that's often lost when heat is applied.  

I use this once a week, usually leaving it on for around 30-45 minutes to allow the product to really penetrate.  I find it easier to section off the hair and apply the product, to make sure you coat every strand.  You then need to give it a thorough wash to make sure all the oil is out before following up with shampoo and conditioner.  It smells amazing and leaves hair soft and much more manageable.  

If you're looking for a more affordable alternative to the high end hair masks on the market, at £16.99 for 100ml, this balm really does a great job.  It's often on offer in Boots too, which is an added bonus! 

What's your favourite hair rescue remedy?


2 comments:

  1. It sounds lovely! I heard about this one somewhere else but Im not sure where I can order it from online.
    Im very fond of Christophe Robin products, especially créme lavante with citron. Its like cleansing mask but doesnt contain any harsh ingredients and actually leaves hair crazy soft and smooth :) Its quite expensive tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you live in the UK you can pick it up or order it from Boots.com :) I'll have a look into that one! x

      Delete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive