Friday 28 December 2012

Book Club | You Had Me at Hello by Mhairi McFarlane


"Rachel and Ben. Ben and Rachel. It was them against the world. Until it all fell apart. It’s been a decade since they last spoke, but when Rachel bumps into Ben one rainy day, the years melt away.  They’d been partners in crime and the best of friends. But life has moved on: Ben is married. Rachel is not. Yet in that split second, Rachel feels the old friendship return. And along with it, the broken heart she’s never been able to mend."

Whilst looking for a book to read on Amazon, You Had Me at Hello kept popping up. After reading the blurb I was sold.  I can honestly say, this is one of the best books I've read this year. McFarlane writes extremely well and draws you into the book from the first sentence.  There were moments when I laughed out loud and that very rarely happens when I read a book.  I think what make the story so good is that it's completely relatable.  We all have that one person in our past and I bet you often wonder what would happen if you bumped into them again in years to come.  If you enjoy romance novels or just reading in general, I really recommend you read this book - it's fantastic and at only 99p it's a real bargain.  The only let down is that McFarlane isn't releasing another novel until December 2013.  

Currently reading: Starstruck by Lauren Conrad
Follow me on Goodreads.





2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this book, so good. Like you i laughed out loud which i rarely do when reading. I cannot wait for her next book even though it's nearly a year a way :( xo

    student-stylexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a brilliant debut novel - counting down until December for her next! xx

      Delete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive