Wednesday 3 October 2012

Liz Earle Healthy Glow Cream Blush in Nectar

Liz Earle Healthy Glow Cream Blush in Nectar 06*

There's no denying that when it comes to make up, one of my favourite products is blusher, so it was more than surprising when I realised I'd never tried a cream blush before.  Liz Earle have recently launched their full Colour collection and their Healthy Glow blushers have become a firm favourite amongst beauty lovers.  Liz Earle is a brand I love and use religiously when it comes to skincare, so I wondered if their make up would be just as good. When the product arrived on my doorstep, my first thoughts were "wow, this is a small, compact product" but little did I know the contents of the teeny tiny compact really packed a punch.  

Nectar is a gorgeous rose-pink shade, which is versatile for both day and night.  As the product name would suggest, it's creamy and velvety in texture and buffs into the skin easily for a fresh and glowing flush. To apply the product, I use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush which picks up enough of the colour without caking it on.  I find a quick hand works best to get the best out of this blusher.  I have to admit, at first I was a bit daunted by the pigmentation against my fair skin tone, but once I had a play I soon made the product work for me. For daytime, I use a lighter hand to create a more subtle and natural look and in the evening, I apply more for a pop of colour.  

The cream formulation leaves a dewiness to the skin which I love and it also brightens the complexion.  If you have oily skin, I would recommend setting it with a powder to keep it in place or trying the powder alternative. Depending on how my skin is I vary with powdering, although I feel less like I need to now that the chillier temperatures is drying my skin out.  On a day to day basis, the blusher lasts on my skin for around 5-6 hours before needing a top up.  

The blusher comes in a small, slim packaging which is fantastic for travelling as it can slide perfectly into handbag pockets for touch ups and takes up less space in my make up bag than my Benefit boxed blushers, for example. There are seven shades to choose from in the Healthy Glow range, targeted at all skin types.  At £16.50 I think this is a reasonable price for a high end brand and I like that all the colours come in both a cream and powder formulations.  I've definitely been converted to cream blushers and I've already got my eye on another of the shades in the range.  

Do you prefer cream or powder blushers? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive