Tuesday 10 July 2012

Book Club | Fifty Shades Freed by E. L. James



"Romantic, liberating and totally addictive, the Fifty Shades trilogy will obsess you, possess you and stay with you for ever.  When Ana Steele first encountered the driven, damaged entrepreneur Christian Grey, it sparked a sensual affair that changed both their lives irrevocably.  Ana always knew that loving her Fifty Shades would not be easy, and being together poses challenges neither of them had anticipated. Ana must learn to share Grey's opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own integrity or independence; and Grey must overcome his compulsion to control and lay to rest the horrors that still haunt him.  Now, finally together, they have love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of infinite possibilities.  But just when it seems that they really do have it all, tragedy and fate combine to make Ana's worst nightmares come true..."

The third and final instalment in the trilogy that has cast a spell upon women all over the world is probably the best out of the three.  Although we got a small glimpse of what was to come in the second book with the final pages reading from Jack's point of view, I was hooked and didn't see anything coming.  The writing, however, was still a bit iffy in places, but it was still compelling to read. Ana finally figures out her Fifty Shades and makes compromises along the way to keep both him and her happy.  The third book is probably the least sexual and it turns into more of a love story, but the Red Room of Pain still exists.  At the end, we get an insight into Christians mind at a few stages of his life, including when he first met Ana.  I really think E. L. James should continue writing it from his point of view.  At an event last week she hadn't quite made up her mind about if she wanted to re-write the story from his point of view. If you enjoyed the first two, then you'll definitely be happy with the third.  

I'm really struggling to decide what to read next, I started reading the sample of Delirium, but it  failed to captivate me.  The exact same thing happened when I finished the Twilight saga - No more books with Edward and I couldn't find a story I wanted to read! If you've got any book recommendations, I would love to hear them!

Other books in this series:


Follow me on Goodreads.




3 comments:

  1. I was compelled but I really started to HATE Ana and Christian!! These books have made me angry, giving woman unrealistic expectations of love and I just felt James was writing for the sake of it. I agree, the prose is a bit odd in places, but I just feel she should have left it at one book, the rest was too cheesy and cliche for me! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She completely cashed in on it! I do agree at how unrealistic it was but I think a lot of TV programmes and books nowadays put being in love up on some crazy pedestal and we're all a bit jaded by it now. It was an easy read and kept me reading so I guess she did her job right! Just a shame her copy editor wasn't all that clued up on her English x

      Delete
    2. Yeah it's made her money and it provided me light relief over the exam period, so not all bad! I'm very apprehensive as to how they'll turn it into a film... There's a lot of scenes that are going to have to be omitted surely? x

      Delete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive