Sunday 24 June 2012

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover


Like so many products, the latest offering from Bourjois has circled the beauty blogosphere and rightly so, too.  On a last minute shop before my holiday, I picked up the Magic Nail Polish Remover in Boots for £4.99.  You can't miss it, in it's hot pink packaging.  It claims to take off nail polish in one second without cotton wool, as well as cleanse the nails with the addition of sweet almond oil.  It definitely takes more than one second but nevertheless it's still quick and easy.   The concept is the same as of those pots that make your nails taste disgusting so you don't chew on them - you pop your fingernail in and twist.  The combination of the nail polish remover and the texture of the sponge take off the colour with ease.  

When I picked this up, I hadn't noticed that it claimed to have a fragrance to it. It wasn't until a second or two after removing my finger that it hit me. It was definitely a welcomed surprise. I'm not alone in thinking nail polish remover stinks - I often receive complaints from my parents as I often do my nails watching TV in the evening.  This is not to say it doesn't have that tell tale smell, it still has that but I find it a lot less potent.  Another thing I liked was the added bonus of sweet almond oil, which you can see on your nails after using the product.  My nails always feel striped of both colour and health when using a regular polish remover, where as this product felt nourishing on my fingertips.  

I also like that you don't have to use cotton wool with this product.  I go through so much cotton wool and although it's not at all expensive, it's annoying when you don't have any left.  The only downside to this product is that it's not really toe friendly - I'd love them to come out with a sister product designed specifically for toenails! The Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover get's a massive thumbs up from me.  

Have you tried it out?


2 comments:

  1. great post! I really want to try this x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have nothing bad to say about it! x

      Delete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive