Monday 21 February 2011

"They'll get their spots. Just wait and see."

The day has finally arrived, i've only been dreaming of it for about, well four months.  David Koma is known for this asymmetrical designs and his celebrity clientele.  His ready-to-wear collection was showed at BFC Show Space this morning at 09:45 and after shouting and screaming at both Vogue.com and Style.com, i've finally been able to see it!
Polka dots look to be huge next season, Marc Jacobs tied them into his collection and TopShop Unique took inspiration from Disney blockbuster 101 Dalmations.  David Koma also incorporated polka dots into his Fall collection using different fabrics, leather and fur (not sure if it was faux or not).  
I love the contrast of the cream and matte black in the cuffs, high neck, waist and shoes. 
I think this is one of my favourite pieces from the collection, I love the slight introduction of colour on the right side in both leather and the fur cuffed sleeve.  
This look reminded me of a poodle, the way the cuffs are abnormally larger than any other detail on the dress.
I love how Koma fine tunes everything, even the boots have a polka dot.  I like the cut out detail to the cape and the contrasting fabrics. 
This coat is cut on the bias, giving it more movement.  Again, I like the detailing although in this look they are very subtle - leather belt and seams.  
I'm extremely excited about this collection and it didn't fail to impress.  If you like Davids designs you can grab yourself one of his dresses over at TopShop.
In the meantime, here are a few more collections that are 'spotastic'...
TopShop Unique R-T-W AW 2011 
Perdy and Pongo.
Tip: There are a lot of vintage jumpers, not unlike this one so go looking and grab yourself next seasons trends now.  
"My only true love, darling. I live for furs. I worship furs! After all, is there a woman in all this wretched world who doesn't?" - Cruella De Vil
Marc Jacobs R-T-W AW 2011
Marc used the trend in a more subtle way, using the fabric to create a sequin look as well as using sheer tights with polka dots.
Spot detail on bag and hat add to the ensemble.
Love the contrast between the shirt and skirt with the tights.
So what do you think of this trend?





No comments:

Post a Comment

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive