Monday 24 January 2011

Top 5: Make Up Essentials



I've been playing around with my make up all day today and decided to blog about my top five make up essentials are and why I think you should invest in these products or similar to. 



1.  Mac Prep and Prime Skin Base Visage; £16.50 

I LOVE this product, it is a white cream which has a glittery pigment in it which helps brighten your skin before applying foundation.  It also takes away the appearance of red skin and therefore gives you a better coverage of foundation using less of it.  

2.  Mac Satin Lipstick in Myth £13.50

Every girl should have a decent nude lipstick.  I recently purchased this as I needed a nice colour to compliment my going out smokey eyes look.  This is also a great everyday colour too.  If you are more fair skinned then Myth is a great colour, an alternative is Illamasqua in Sonnet for a slightly more expensive £15.00.

3. Clinique High Impact Mascara, £15.00

I really like this mascara, it gives you great volume without clumps and also creates good lash length.  It's more expensive than a 'high-street' brand such as Rimmel but I think it's worth it.  

4.  Bobbi Brown Blusher in 15 - Desert Rose, £17.00

With winter and spring I find that blusher is more of a natural look, opposed to bronzed cheeks, which I like to reserve for summer.  This blusher it highly pigmented, you don't need much at all when applying. If you are going to go for a Bobbi Brown blusher, try the different colours out. I thought i'd need a much  brighter pink but when I tried it, I looked clown like.  

5. Benefit Boi-ing, £16.50

Expensive for a concealer but worth every penny.  This is the worlds best-selling concealer claiming to have 'industrial strength', which it does.  It's appears to be creamy but has a thicker texture to create good coverage.  This is also a handbag must have.  




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Mac Prep and Prime, Need to buy some more though as I scraping the bottle, also love boi-ing but doesn't last me very long

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how much each of your comments means. Keep 'um coming lovelies. N xox

Blog Archive